Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) have been around for quite some time but the evolution over the past few years is staggering. More than three decades after its introduction as the software that establishes a protected connection when using public networks, the focus has shifted from the company’s Data Center to the immensity of the cloud.
VPNs are critical for businesses and as companies steadily migrate their systems from on-premises data centers to the cloud, the approach to VPNs must also be adapted. Additionally, there are challenges associated with the rise of remote/hybrid work. Legacy VPN Client solutions and the traditional enterprise WAN fail to deliver on their needs because of two architectural problems:
- The remote worker experience is completely at the mercy of VPN server locations and internet performance, giving enterprises no effective way to guarantee user experience and/or gain visibility into application performance.
- By forcing all traffic into any centralized VPN Concentrator location, cloud applications are likely to suffer from performance issues and real-time collaboration services often become unusable.
Cloud and flexible working models are here to stay, so how to fit in the best possible way? With a new architectural approach to VPN Client that addresses this augmented corporate network.
The road to an effective VPNaaS
Going from an enterprise-centric VPN Client solution to a distributed cloud-based VPN-as-a-Service approach might be challenging, and that’s why it’s important to choose a partner who can deliver a full turnkey solution and managed service. Or, in other words, a partner that takes care of everything, simplifies your life and gives you peace of mind while ensuring that your “anywhere” worker is empowered, and your network is protected and at its maximum efficiency.
From theory to practice, what are we talking about? Well, about SmartSecure Private Access from Aryaka – the leader in fully managed cloud-first WAN solutions. At Cloud365 we have been successfully implementing it in several customers and you can be the next one.
SmartSecure Private Access it’s a sort of distributed cloud-based VPN Client solution, implemented to ensure secure and fast connections between remote users and corporate applications, wherever these applications are hosted. SmartSecure Private Access combines Internet flexibility with a high-performance global private network, providing fast, stable, and deterministic multi-cloud connectivity to remote users around the world.
Built on the architectural principles for SD-WAN (Software-Defined Wide Area Network) and SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) and delivered as a fully managed service, it is tailor-made for today’s organizations that want to make their remote workers “first-class citizens” with secure and high-performance access to corporate applications.
Key features include:
- Unprecedented flexibility: Regardless of location or type of application accessed, mobile and remote employees can benefit from a secure, high-performance experience, from anywhere in the world.
- Highly predictable and deterministic application performance: Companies can avoid the pitfalls of user traffic that relies exclusively on best-effort internet as a transport to both cloud and on-premises applications.
- Integration with corporate user authentication systems, like Microsoft Active Directory: You can reuse policies already in place at your organization.
- Integration with Aryaka Secure Web Gateway: Users and devices are completely safe when accessing services on the public Internet.
- Operational simplicity and visibility with lowest TCO: With fully managed services, delivers the “easy button” and significantly lowers the total cost of ownership.
This is how SmartSecure Private Access enables the Augmented Corporate Network and you can rapidly benefit from it with Cloud365. Together with Aryaka, we are redefining VPN services in the cloud and hybrid work era. Wait no longer to take the leap – talk to us and discover what we can do for you.